Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Local Summer 2009

I've been waiting for the One Local Summer announcement to go up for a few weeks now. I did OLS last summer and it was such an inspiration to learn and create new recipes and learn who sells what in our new neighborhood. Eating local, or as local as I can be, has become second nature mostly because I have learned where to find local staples like eggs and meat.

I haven't read the rules carefully but OLS suggests that you define what you mean by local and I think I'll stick to my "anything from NJ, NY, or PA" rule. I also set a rule that anything I find at the farmers market is fair game. This year I think I'll end up getting most of my produce from the Park Slope Coop since they are open 7 days a week.

If you're into food, want to learn more about the stores in your neighborhood, or are just a bit freaked out by what is in your food, I recommend trying OLS, the link is below!

One Local Summer 2009

No comments: