Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 2, 2009

I have to admit there isn't really much I have to write about. I was incredibly sick early in the week, worked 12 hours days when I was back at work, and then have spent my weekend catching up on sleep and time with friends. You may have read my post last week, the one where I complained about a fever, cough, and sore throat, and though, "oh dear, she has swine flu". Trust me, every one thinks that they have swine flu. I on the other hand, had an ear and sinus infection with bronchitis and a serious case of the undersleeps. I spent Sunday and Monday curled in the fetal position, rocking, and mumbling about pretzels with a fever. Once I emerged from the fever and got some antibiotics in me, I felt much better.

We, like all institutions that deal with school kids in NYC, have been wrapped up in the swine flu hysteria, and I have been unwilling to see my sister or the babies in my life. I have just assumed that I have been exposed and don't want to be the one that brings it to NJ. Better safe that sorry right?

No comments: