Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow!




Everyone appears to be reeling from the snow. We hunkered down on December 26th and watched the blizzard ruin our dream vacation (I just yesterday unpacked my bag). The most striking images of the storm, who's snow is still on the ground here, were the City buses just abandoned in the street. I'm still amazed at the site of a stuck bus at 6 am filled with people who had spent the night in the bus.

We're still not sure what happened but where we are was completely abandoned by the City with no plows, salt trucks, or tow trucks for a long time. In a fit of cabin fever and desire to get out, we literally shoveled our street so that we could get the car out. Abandoned buses and shoveling one's street, not something you think about when you move to Brooklyn. I guess we did get hit with a tornado earlier this year, so I guess anything is possible .

No comments: