Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Not Surpising Observation

I bill this blog as being about gardening, food, photography and there are many other people out there that write these types of things. When the election heated up many of us wrote not about food but about politics and this was probably an affront to the 50% of the population who do not share our political views. Gardening, food, photography etc are not partisan issues but politics is an area of great divide and disagreement.

In the past few weeks I've noticed some of my favorite non-political bloggers write about losing loyal readers because of their political posts and I too have felt that. I wish that there was a way to tag those political posts and to say "Politically Sensitive Material- Skip if you don't agree with me".

The reality is that most people agree a lot more than disagree and that it's only a few key issues that rile us up and I wish we had a political system where a pro-life and pro-choice person weren't forced to take the good and the bad with their candidate. Do gun owners have to be R's? Do pro-choicers have to be D's? My guess is that on a local level most of us who live the same area agree on just about everything. I'll blame the feds, as usual.

No comments: